Kelvin Chin is the invited Keynote Speaker for the quarterly dinner meeting of the Estate Planning Council of Seattle. 100 lawyers, accountants and financial consultants.
“Overcoming the Fear of Death - how to talk with Trust & Estates clients more effectively who may not want to discuss death issues openly”
The Rainier Club
820 Fourth Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
This 6-session series with Kelvin will be held LIVE every other Thursday evening starting June 21 at 6:00 PM PST (Pacific Time). Each session will be 1 hour long.
The discussion will be interactive.
You will be encouraged to share your experiences.
Kelvin will talk first on each topic, sharing his experiences and views. His experiences are many and varied both this lifetime, and going back 6,000 years.
This will be followed by Q&A and Comments from the attendees on the videoconference call. You can either call in from your phone, or watch and interact using the web connection via your laptop.
Topics to be discussed in the 6 sessions:
- “What happens when we die?”
- “Can we get glimpses of the other side? NDEs and OBEs”
- “Is Reincarnation in your future? ...or in your past?”
- “Why do people think there’s a Hell?”
- “Can our friends communicate from the other side?”
- “What part of us continues after our body dies (mind, soul, something else)?”
BOOK THESE 6 SESSION DATES in your Calendar NOW !!
Thursdays in U.S.
6:00 PM PST
(7 PM MST, 8 PM CST, 9 PM EST)
We also welcome our Australian & Asian friends!
If you live in Europe, please send us an email and we will do another Series for your time zone.
- June 21
- July 5
- July 19
- August 2
- August 16
$20 per session
Discounted rate of
$100 for entire 6-session series
120 people attended the 2 sessions at the Library !
Morrill Memorial Library
33 Walpole St.
Norwood, MA 02062
What is death? The end? The beginning? A transition?
Kelvin Chin will discuss the 4 Main Beliefs About Death from his book "Overcoming the Fear of Death"...
* to help us overcome our fears about death & dying
* to help us talk with others to help them reduce their fears
* so that we can all live life now more fully
The 4 Main Beliefs:
1) No Afterlife (the physical science belief)
2) Fear of Continued Existence
3) Looking Forward to Afterlife
Kelvin takes a non-religious approach that embraces all beliefs.
His talk is both educational & entertaining, with lots of stories from his 30 years working in this field.
Kelvin grew up in Norwood, attended Cleveland Elementary, Junior & Senior High School, and was class valedictorian. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California, and speaks internationally.
Page 158 Books
158 S White St.
North Carolina 27587
Book Discussion & Signing - "Overcoming the Fear of Death"
Offered by the Austin Bahá'í Community Sunday Fireside Committee
[THIS EVENT will be on "FACEBOOK LIVE"]
“Overcoming the Fear of Death: Through Each of the 4 Main Belief Systems” — What is death? Is it the end, the beginning, or a transition?
Author and Life After Life Expert Kelvin Chin will help us rethink both how we respond to the death of a loved one, and how we think about our own death. He will discuss the 4 main beliefs that underlie all the religious and cultural beliefs about death that exist in the world. By looking through the lens of each of those beliefs, he is able to discuss death and dying in a non-religious way to help people of all ages and cultures reduce and eliminate their fear of death. The 4 Main Beliefs About Death: 1) No Belief in Afterlife 2) Afraid of Afterlife 3) No Fear of Afterlife 4) Belief in Past Lives
This discussion will be thought provoking, yet entertaining since Kelvin is a story-teller. All ages are welcome.
Kelvin Chin is a resident of Austin. He is the Executive Director and Founder of both the Overcoming the Fear of Death Foundation and the nonprofit TurningWithin.org. Working with audiences on death and dying issues since the 1980's, Kelvin has taught numerous seminars and workshops worldwide.
He is the author of a new 2016 Amazon best-selling book: “Overcoming the Fear of Death: Through Each of the 4 Main Belief Systems,” which takes a non-religious approach to reducing the fear of death. His book and work has been featured in Newsweek, Business Insider, Kaiser Health News, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, El Sol, World Journal, and the Physicians News Digest, and many others.
He was a state-certified Long Term Care Ombudsman for the California Department of Aging, and a co-founder of the Center For Medical Ethics and Mediation. He is also a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist.
Kelvin’s career includes teaching meditation worldwide to more than 1,000 people since the 1970's in schools, businesses, the U.S. Army and at West Point. He also formerly held CMO roles at AmLaw100 law firms, and was a VP for the American Arbitration Association.
Kelvin was born in Boston, raised in Norwood, Massachusetts, and has since lived and worked in 6 countries. He has delivered more than 2,000 presentations worldwide. While at Dartmouth College, he studied at the Université de Strasbourg, France. He is a graduate of Dartmouth, Yale Graduate School and Boston College Law School, and is the father of two artistically talented children.
Kelvin can be contacted at www.OvercomingTheFearOfDeath.org and followed on Twitter at @KelvinHChin
[Offered by the Austin Bahá'í Community Sunday Fireside Committee]
I will be doing a Book Signing after a Discussion and reading of excerpts from my new book. The event will be streamed LIVE on FaceBook, and will be available to watch later on my FaceBook page (you can friend me at kelvin.chin1 on FaceBook).
Books will be available to purchase at a 50% discount at the Book Signing.
"Overcoming the Fear of Death: Through Each of the 4 Main Belief Systems"
This Wednesday, January 11
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
~ BOOK SIGNING & DISCUSSION ~
in Austin and on FaceBook LIVE !
North Village Branch Library
2505 Steck Ave.
E-book AVAILABLE for your Kindle, iBooks, or laptop ...
...Only $2.99 if you've already bought the print version. (Scroll down in Amazon to the "Matchbook" $2.99 option...) Otherwise, it's just $7.99 for this e-book.
ORDER HERE: http://www.overcomingthefearofdeath.org/look-inside/
Both the print and e-book versions are available at this link.
ALSO, please use Amazon Smile which will donate a %-age of all purchases to our nonprofit organization! (at NO COST to you)...
Amazon Smile: https://goo.gl/LYE6D4
Kelvin Chin and 9 other Interviews of Key National Experts at -
Learn from 10 men and women who have dedicated their lives to caregiving, to people just like you.
Why are we doing a 3-Day Virtual Training devoted exclusively to caregiving?
- Because 65 million people face elderly caregiving with absolutely no training or preparation
- Because 80% of caregivers report caregiving negatively impacts their family life
- Because 65% of the elderly rely exclusively on family and friends for assistance
- Because the stress of family caregiving for persons with dementia has been shown to impact a person’s immune system for up to three years after their caregiving ends
There is no doubt about it – caregiving can tax even the most dedicated, patient and loving person. There are definite, measurable physical and financial costs as well. The average family caregiver for someone 50 years or older spends $5,531 per year on out of pocket caregiving expenses – that’s more that 10% of the median family income.
Another study found that American businesses lose $17.1 Billion per year due to family caregiving.
Another shows that 40% to 70% of family caregivers have clinically significant symptoms of depression.
The problem is huge and there are very few people and groups addressing this issue. Businesses aren’t helping, politicians aren’t helping.
We have been in your shoes – we know what it’s like first-hand. We remember the feelings of isolation and overwhelm, believing that no one else understood what we were going through.
So we put together a compilation of the best experts we could find to present solid, up-to-the-minute information to help make your life easier.
Bottom line, we care about caregivers.
Here are a few juicy tidbits you’ll discover from this first-of-its-kind, ground-breaking online conference:
- The most common mistakes many caregivers make
- Signs of caregiver burnout and what to do about it
- Financial considerations for in-home care
- Dealing with the confusion of the patient and family
- Managing guilt when caregivers are ready for their love one’s life to end
- Signs to look for indicating hospice or palliative care is needed
- The biggest challenges that a caregiver faces
- Creative ways to deal with the difficulties of caring for elderly family members
- What is the difference between grief and the fear of death
- Understanding the many myths about guilt
- Dealing with the fear of death in situations where the patient is comatose
- The hardest parts of being an ongoing caregiver
- What long-distance family members can do to care for dying family members
- Dealing with estate issues in a highly contentious family
- Creative ideas to help families divide an estate
- The most common mistakes people make when it comes to estate planning
- Why diet and nutrition need to be coordinated with medications
- Tax issues concerning hiring and paying a caregiver
- Establishing and understanding trusts
- How to make end of life legal issues easier
- The big mistakes caregivers make financially when a family member dies
- What a Power of Attorney is and how to create one
- What a living trust is and why it would be needed
- How wills should be arranged in light of Medicaid benefits and claims
- What look-back laws are and how they figure into elderly legal issues
- How to find contracts that limit liabilities as a caregiver
- Insurance policies survivors need to know about
- Tax responsibilities after your loved one dies
- Navigating the terms used in the healthcare environment
- What family members can do to best use their healthcare insurance benefits
- Why it’s important to connect with the variety of providers involved in patient care
- How family can help medical providers best care for their elderly family members
- Tips for getting elderly family members to eat the right things
- The most common mistakes made in terms of nutrition and caregiving
To join us for this no-cost, advanced caregiving summit, just enter your name and best email address and you‘ll immediately be sent your access details.
Kelvin Chin speaks internationally about "Reclaiming the Power of Life Over Death" and is the author of "Overcoming the Fear of Death" (2016).
Why are we so afraid of death? After all, death is inevitable.
What is death? The end, the beginning, or a transition?
WHEN: Wednesday, July 27 - from 7:30 to 9 PM
WHERE: The Kootenay Bakery Cafe Coop, Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
This talk is nonreligious based. Kelvin embraces all religions, helping people overcome their fear of death through whatever their lens of belief is.
Sponsored by: Kootenay Society for LifeLong Learning
Join Dr. Karen Wyatt and her guest Kelvin Chin who is the Executive Director and Founder of Overcoming the Fear of Death Foundation. Kelvin will share his experiences providing free counseling for people from all over the world to help them reduce their fear of death regardless of their belief system or culture.
In this interview you will learn:
- How Kelvin started doing this work
- The 4 Main Belief Systems about Death that cover all religions and cultures
- How to help yourself or others overcome the fear of death
- The benefits of meditation in coping with our fears
- How Kelvin became inspired to offer his services as a healthcare proxy for clients
Kelvin H. Chin is the Executive Director and Founder of both the Overcoming the Fear of Death Foundation and the nonprofit TurningWithin.org. Working with audiences on death and dying issues since the 1980’s, Kelvin has taught numerous seminars for the healthcare industry, was a state-certified Long Term Care Ombudsman for the California Department of Aging, and a co-founder of the Center For Medical Ethics and Mediation.
Bringing greater clarity to his client’s thinking in their personal and business life is something Kelvin has applied throughout his 40-year career, including teaching meditation worldwide to more than 1,000 people since the 1970’s in schools, businesses, the U.S. Army and at West Point. Kelvin also formerly held CMO roles at AmLaw100 law firms, and was a VP for the American Arbitration Association.
Kelvin was born in Boston, raised in Norwood, Massachusetts, and has since lived and worked in 6 countries. He has delivered more than 2,000 presentations worldwide.
While at Dartmouth College, he studied at the Université de Strasbourg, France. He is a graduate of Dartmouth, Yale Graduate School and Boston College Law School, and is the father of two artistically talented children.
Kelvin will discuss the 4 Belief Systems about death and overcoming the fear of death through increasing our understanding about death and dying, and ourselves.
This is a private event in a San Francisco living room. Contact Kelvin to schedule similar "salon" events in your home.
SUMMARY OF LECTURE....[click here to read a synopsis written by the Club]
Kelvin Chin will discuss at this Community Talk in Nelson, BC, Canada:
"The 4 Belief Systems About Death": No Belief in After-Life, Afraid of Heaven or Hell, Looking Forward to Heaven, Belief in Past Lives
“Overcoming the Fear of Death - and Fear of Pain & Suffering, Punishment, and other Fears,” June 27, Half-Day Seminar, Malibu United Methodist Church, Malibu, CA